The development of science and technology has had a profound impact on human civilization, transforming almost every aspect of our lives. Over the past centuries, advancements in scientific knowledge and technological innovations have accelerated at an unprecedented rate, shaping the world we live in today.
Science, through rigorous observation, experimentation, and analysis, has expanded our understanding of the natural world. It has led to groundbreaking discoveries across various disciplines, from physics and chemistry to biology and astronomy. These scientific breakthroughs have revolutionized our understanding of the universe, enabling us to delve into the microscopic realms of atoms and subatomic particles and explore the vastness of space.
Technological advancements, fueled by scientific knowledge, have given rise to transformative inventions and innovations. From the steam engine to electricity, computers, and the internet, technology has reshaped industries, communication, transportation, healthcare, and entertainment. It has increased productivity, efficiency, and connectivity, facilitating global collaboration and exchange of information.
You might like to know
Create an auto-grading quiz/assessment without any coding – try OnlineExamMaker today!
The development of science and technology has brought immense benefits to society. It has improved living standards, enhanced healthcare and medicine, increased agricultural productivity, and extended human lifespan. It has made information accessible to a broader population, bridging gaps and fostering cultural exchange. Moreover, technology has facilitated the democratization of knowledge, empowering individuals and communities with tools for education, self-expression, and economic opportunities.
In this article
- Part 1: 30 science and technology quiz questions & answers
- Part 2: Download science and technology questions & answers for free
- Part 3: Free online quiz creator – OnlineExamMaker
Part 1: 30 multiple-choice questions related to science and technology
1. What does CPU stand for?
a) Central Processing Unit
b) Computer Personal Unit
c) Central Power Unit
d) Computer Programming Unit
Answer: a) Central Processing Unit
2. What is the smallest unit of digital information?
Answer: b) Bit
3. What is the process of converting analog signals into digital data called?
Answer: c) Modulation
4. What is the primary purpose of a firewall in network security?
a) Virus scanning
b) Data encryption
c) Access control
d) Device authentication
Answer: c) Access control
5. What is the chemical symbol for iron?
Answer: c) Fe
6. Which programming language is commonly used for web development?
Answer: c) HTML
7. What is the process of copying files from a remote server to a local computer called?
Answer: a) Downloading
8. What does HTML stand for?
a) HyperText Markup Language
b) High Transmission Mode Language
c) Hypersonic Technical Machine Language
d) Hyper Tool Mechanism Language
Answer: a) HyperText Markup Language
9. Which of the following is a high-level programming language?
d) Machine code
Answer: c) Java
10. What is the function of an operating system in a computer?
a) Managing hardware resources
b) Executing application software
c) Storing data files
d) Providing internet connectivity
Answer: a) Managing hardware resources
11. What is the main component of a solar panel that converts sunlight into electricity?
Answer: a) Photocell
12. What is the unit of electric current?
Answer: a) Ampere
13. What type of energy is stored in a battery?
a) Thermal energy
b) Mechanical energy
c) Chemical energy
d) Nuclear energy
Answer: c) Chemical energy
14. What is the process of converting sunlight into usable energy called?
d) Solar thermal
Answer: c) Photovoltaic
15. What does the acronym “GPS” stand for?
a) Global Pointing System
b) Global Positioning System
c) General Positioning Service
d) Geographical Positioning System
Answer: b) Global Positioning System
Part 2: Download science and technology questions & answers for free
16. Which of the following is an example of a renewable energy source?
a) Natural gas
d) Nuclear power
Answer: c) Wind
17. What is the basic unit of information in a computer?
Answer: a) Byte
18. Which of the following is NOT a type of computer memory?
Answer: c) CPU
19. What is the primary function of a router in a computer network?
a) Virus scanning
b) Data storage
c) Data encryption
d) Packet forwarding
Answer: d) Packet forwarding
20. Which of the following programming languages is used for statistical analysis and data visualization?
Answer: d) R
21. What is the term for a malicious software that spreads from one computer to another without user intervention?
b) Trojan horse
Answer: c) Worm
22. What is the process of converting computer code into machine-readable instructions called?
Answer: a) Compilation
23. Which of the following is an example of an input device?
Answer: c) Keyboard
24. What does SSL stand for in the context of internet security?
a) Secure Socket Layer
b) Secure Software License
c) System Security Lock
d) Secure System Language
Answer: a) Secure Socket Layer
Want to assess your learners online? Create an online quiz for free!
25. Which of the following is a programming paradigm that focuses on using a sequence of statements to perform a task?
a) Object-oriented programming
b) Functional programming
c) Procedural programming
d) Event-driven programming
Answer: c) Procedural programming
26. What is the main purpose of an antivirus software?
a) Data encryption
b) File compression
c) Network monitoring
d) Detecting and removing malware
Answer: d) Detecting and removing malware
27. What is the term for a network of interconnected computers that share resources and information?
Answer: b) Intranet
28. What is the unit of frequency?
Answer: c) Hertz
29. What is the primary purpose of a spreadsheet software?
a) Creating presentations
b) Managing databases
c) Performing calculations and data analysis
d) Editing images and graphics
Answer: c) Performing calculations and data analysis
30. Which of the following is a programming language commonly used for developing mobile applications?
Answer: c) Swift
Part 3: Free online quiz making website – OnlineExamMaker
OnlineExamMaker provides a versatile platform for creating customizable quizzes with various question types, including multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions. It offers a wide range of formatting options to suit specific exam requirements. The online quiz system ensures secure assessment delivery by implementing features like randomized question order, time limits, and question shuffling, preventing cheating and enhancing fairness in the assessment process.